Do you think you have what it takes to be part of our team? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Robotics Software Engineer
As a Robotics Software Engineer for Sentien Robotics, you will be leading software architecture, development and test efforts for a variety of ground and aerial robotics systems. These systems solve our customer’s problems by offering highly scalable software architecture and ultra reliable automation hardware that will be integrated into a wide range of applications such as emergency response, industrial inspection, payload delivery, search and rescue, security, and defense. Therefore, your experience related to implementing complex robotic systems and simulations will be critical. You will be working with a small integrated team of experienced system, software, electrical, and mechanical engineers in a startup environment, so in addition to masterful technical delivery, you must be able to demonstrate excellent teamwork, communication, and time management skills.
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop robotics software.The primary software development environment is cross-platform C++ and (to a lesser extent) Python and Android Java. Your software components must interface and integrate with embedded platforms and mobile devices that run a wide variety of operating systems and programming environments (e.g. Microcontroller C, iOS, Android). Technologies you may find yourself working with include UAS/UAV flight controllers, camera sensors, laser ranging systems (LIDAR), GPS, motor controllers, and distributed sensor networks.
- Propose and implement experiments to validate that our software meets objectives. For example, by developing simulations, data visualizations, and analysis tools.
- Work with other team members to design, prototype and evaluate new robotic technologies, algorithms, and applications.
- Be an articulate subject matter expert in our robotics software and its applications. This position may require 10% travel to support technical product demonstrations.
- 2-3 years experience in software development
- Solid programming skills in C++
- Passionate about applied robotics
- Ability to independently carry out all phases of a software development process (analyze requirements, design, construct, test, debug, deploy, maintain).
- Domain knowledge in areas such as computer vision, image processing, machine learning, artificial intelligence, computational geometry, and signal processing.
- Experience with robotics algorithms in sub-areas such as sensor fusion, control systems, filters, target tracking, localization.
- Savvy about libraries, tools, software, platforms, and development environments that are widely used in the field and in prototyping, such as ROS, OpenCV, Gazebo, Arduino, Raspberry Pi, DroneCode / PX4.
Robotics Mechanical Engineer
As a robotics mechanical engineer for Sentien Robotics, you will design novel mechanisms and quickly prototype innovative solutions for a wide variety of aerial and ground robotics applications. You will develop automation components related to payload management, airframe, and materials handling to support applications ranging from emergency response, industrial inspection, payload delivery, search and rescue, security, and defense. You will be working with a small integrated team of experienced software, electrical, and mechanical engineers in a startup environment, so in addition to masterful technical delivery, you must be able to demonstrate excellent teamwork, communication, and time management skills.
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Research, design and develop robotics hardware and equipment
- Design-for-manufacture of robotic systems and enclosures using industry standard CAD and analysis software, specifically SolidWorks.
- Determine application requirements
- Design new products for internally driven research projects
- Conduct design and failure case analysis to ensure products meet robustness requirements and quality standards. (For example, beam stress, ingress protection, thermal dissipation, vibration and shock analysis).
- Collaborate with people from a variety of backgrounds such as computer programmers, and electrical engineers to suggest improvements in engineering, purchasing, quality, and manufacturing; and propose new concepts.
- 4+ years working in a mechanical engineering environment
- BS or higher degree in Mechanical Engineering or suitable related discipline
- Must be familiar with machinery elements, drawings and details
- Must be able to perform failure case analysis, develop maintenance schedules, MTBF calculations, etc.
- Hands-on prototyping capabilities
- Must be able to use SolidWorks.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Experience or savvy with robotics subsystems such as sensors, actuators, and software programming
- Knowledge of automated materials handling and industrial automation
- Knowledge of motor control and electro-mechanical systems
Other Required Skills
- Ideal candidates will be creative problem-solvers with a wide range of design ideas
- Excellent team member; driven to contribute to the team effort
- Ability to work in both collaborative and self-directed environments.
- Ability to work under pressure and strict timelines, and to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.